IQAC –Internal Quality Assurance Cell
In Pursuance Of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education the NAAC propose that every accredited institution establish an internal quality assurance cell (IQAC) as a post –accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process the IQAC will become a part of an institutions system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
The guidelines provided in the following pages will facilitate the institution in the creation and operation of IQAC. The work of the IQAC is the first step towards the internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement. Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation. It can inculcate in all constituents of the institutions. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in the institution. It will be a facilitative and participatory voluntary system/unit/organ of the institution. Quality circles in industries operate on similar lines.
The basic purposes of the IQAC are:
To develop a system for conscious consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the institution. To assure all the stakeholders connected with higher education about the quality of education provided by the institutions
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevant and quality of academic and research programmers.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmers for various section of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The creditability of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institution in Indian and abroad.
Some of the functions excepted of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institutions.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmers/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the annual quality assurance report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture
- To enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision –making to improve institutional functioning
- To act as a change agent in the institution
- To better internal communication
|SR.NO.||NAME OF MEMBER||POST|
|1||SHAILESH KUMAR (SECRETARY)||CHAIRPERSON|
|2||KUMAR GAURAV (HOD,ME)||MEMBER|
|3||SUMAN KUMAR (HOD,EE)||MEMBER|
|4||NALIN KUMAR (FACULTY)||MEMBER|
|5||VIKASH KUMAR (FACULTY)||MEMBER|
|6||RAGINI SINHA (FACULTY)||MEMBER|
|7||ALOK KUMAR VERMA (HOD,CE)||MEMBER|
|8||AMIT KUMAR (FACULTY)||MEMBER|
|9||KESHAVKANT VERMA (FACULTY)||MEMBER|