As Civil Engineering is a practical profession, attention is given to this aspect throughout the course. Subjects taught to improvise the skill of students include Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying, Traffic Engineering, GIS and Remote Sensing, Steel Structure and Concrete Structures and evaluation and estimation, Bridge Engineering, Building Materials, etc. Full use is made of the laboratories with students carrying out experiments to obtain a better understanding of behavior under practical conditions.
A Civil Engineer is one who invents, contrives, designs and constructs for the benefit of the community. The institute aims at producing civil engineers charged with the task of producing those more permanent structures and services such as roads, railways, bridges, buildings, tunnels, airfields, water supply and sewerage systems, dams, pipelines, river improvements, harbors, and irrigation systems and give the greatest amenity for the funds expended.
- To establish the Civil Engineering Department as a center of excellence in teaching, research and producing professionals of International repute.
- To expend the department for consultancy & research work in the need-based areas.
- To assist the industrial and neighboring community by empowering them with upgraded skills as well as offering services for social needs.
- To provide good education to become future engineers in the field of Civil Engineering.
- To foster the students with update knowledge, innovative application of recent technology and trends.
- To encourage the young students to become a good entrepreneur.
- To provide the best placement in the corporate world.
There is extensive use of computers in design and other exercises. Computer training is imparted in M.S Office, Auto CAD, Staad Pro to the students. During the vacations, every student must obtain practical experience through survey camps and vocational training in a civil engineering field and must submit a satisfactory report on this experience. A number of students get training from the “The institution of Civil Engineers (India)” in summer vacation and during the winter break, about 400 students have been trained from AMICE. Seminars are also held and visits to works in progress are made as opportunities arise. Students are encouraged to take a close interest in current research and investigations.List-for-Department-of-Civil-Engineering